Monday, March 29, 2010

Can't sleep.... so might as well BLOG!

Today was a good day. Spent all day with my hubby... as he had the day off. Tomorrow he starts back on Days for Tues through Thursday.... then we get COMPANY for the weekend.  I had to laugh... last time Peter was here, he wrote in our guest book 'sure hope you get company by the next time I am here'..... he has signed the last two or three times... hahaha. Yes, we knew Meadow wouldn't be much of an attraction for visitors to come too.... but we sure are happy we get company for the next TWO WEEKENDS~~~~

Donna and Jayden are coming this weekend with the boys! We are going to do some swimming (indoors of course) not lake season just yet... unless you wanted to go slip and sliding on the ice! We also hope to go bowling.. and maybe get some hiking in.

The following weekend, Mom and Dad Sinc are coming... and they are going to bring our piano!!!!!! Oh piano, how I have missed thee!!!! I have basically been without a piano since August of last year... and I have had the piano 'itch' lately... I just get itching to play that my fingers get antsy.... believe it or not. Thankfully when we go home to visit in Saskatoon I get a lil piano in there, and at the fort too! It will be extra special getting the piano in a couple of weeks... cuz this was Gma Sinc's piano. What a special item to have to remember her by.  We will see it every day, I will think of her each time I sit down to play,  the music will remind me of her happy song she always had in her heart no matter what the circumstances!!! We loved our Gma Sinc so very much!

Back to today's items...

Dean and I really wanted to spend sometime out in the fresh air. Today got to plus 17 or so. I can't remember what it actually topped off at. But it was windy and cloudy. So it didn't feel quite as warm as the temp said. However, feeling desperate to be outside... we decided we would rake our lawn. We didn't have any rakes... as we haven't had a lawn to rake in four years! We previously lived in a condo with just a small plot of dirt to have a flower bed in. So off to Co-op Dean went and purchased some rakes... and raked up three bags of leaves... we were two seconds away from putting the last scoop into the bag... and a HUGE gust of wind came. We looked down the street, and the park FULL of leaves started to swirl.....and it blew and it blew and it blew..... thankfully we are a few houses away from it so our raking didn't all go in vain. :)

Later on in the evening, we also watched our first Thunder and Lighning storm of the year.... which explains those nasty gusts of wind earlier on. ;P  Neat to be able to watch it from both the front and back of our house.... Unlike the condo where it was just one window we watched from. :)

And to top the day all of.... we had a phone call from a dear dear couple.... whom celebrated their 65TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TODAY!!! John and Marg.... you are a very encouraging couple to us all, we have enjoyed our days with you in the past and in your home. Special memories from being with you. Wishing we weren't so far away so that we could pop in to visit.

As for pics???? only two for tonight....

Hydrangeas from the Co-op.... aren't they stunning?



I also enjoyed a Dragon Fruit too lately.... Love them.... they are like a GIANT KIWI!!!! And this girl LOVES kiwis!!!!!

No comments: